COVID-19 Health & Safety
- At the request of Governor Kay Ivey, all visitors (over the age of 2) and staff are required to wear a face covering while at Orbix. Please bring your own mask.
- If you are unable to wear a mask or do not want to wear a mask, we will have to ask you to return at a later time.
- If you have a temperature of 100.4°F, we’ll kindly ask that you and your party plan to visit us another day.
- We ask that all visitors and staff complete a self-health check before coming to Orbix.
- Social distancing efforts will be in effect throughout the studio.
- We are still featuring live glassblowing demonstrations. To insure that everyone can enjoy the demo experience in a safe manner, all demonstrations must be viewed from the porches and viewers must be socially distanced.
- Hand sanitizer has been placed around the studio and gallery, please use it before entering.
- We are doing additional cleaning and sanitizing around our studio and gallery on a regular basis.
- The space in the gallery has been rearranged to allow for more social distancing, please respect the space of others, as well as our staff on busier days. We might have to ask that parties take turns in touring the gallery if there is not enough room to keep distanced.
Blow Your Own Ornament Events
- All of these are now by reservation only. Call us at 256.523.3188 to make reservations.
- We have adjusted the blowing experience by adding an extended tube between the blower and our artist distancing them even more.
- Each participant receives a personal mouthpiece that has been thorougly sanitized in 99% alcohol solution.
- Only members of the active blowing party are allowed in the studio. We ask that others wait outside until it is their party’s turn. There is new seating arranged throughout the surrouding area.
- Participants will be required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to the experience and keep their masks on until it is their time to blow.
- All of our pipes are periodically wiped down and fired with hot torches to sanitize, as well as all new blowing extension tubes and safety glasses. Please be patient as we add these extra measures to our routine.